10 Things You Might Not Know About Bamboo
- A sixty-foot tree takes 60 YEARS to replace. A sixty-foot bamboo takes 59 DAYS to replace.
- Bamboo is not a wood, it is a GRASS!
- When bamboo is cut, the roots remain intact and new shoots will quickly grow from these roots.
- Pesticides are not required to grow bamboo.
- Bamboo has been shown to have higher tensile strength than man alloys of STEEL.
- Bamboo has been shown to have higher compressive strength than many mixtures of CONCRETE.
- The very dense fibers in each bamboo plant allow for EXTREME FLEXIBILITY and prevent it from snapping when bent.
- Bamboo is a NUTRITIOUS food source for both humans and animals.
- Over one BILLION people in the world live in bamboo houses.
- A grove of bamboo releases 35% more oxygen than an equivalent grove of trees. Because of this, planting bamboo is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and help fight global warming!
Wowza! Not only is bamboo great for the earth, but its uses seem endless! Bamboo toys are a great choice for eco-friendly families. This fast-growing grass is as durable as it is safe for babies and toddlers. If you want to see beautiful bamboo wooden toys, don’t miss our collection by Hape Toys.
Leave a comment