Why We Love Grimm's Spiel und Holz
Grimm's Spiel und Holz has created a completely unique and fresh line of toys that exude originality, craftsmanship, and quality. Sustainably harvested European wood is handcrafted into fantastic creations that burst with amazing color from non-toxic water-based dyes. Hand-sanded to perfection, each piece is finished with natural food-grade oils which give a distinctive depth to the color and texture. These toys are lovingly designed to withstand generations of rough and tumble play!
So what's in it for the kids?
Our answer is -- hour upon hour of open-ended creative play! In the spirit of Waldorf education, these toys are only limited by your child's imagination. For example, pair up our Waves Nesting Blocks with a few dolls, cars, boats, playsilks, or other block sets and they magically transform into bridges, tunnels, caves, fences, seesaws, chairs... you name it!
A Few Of Our Favorites...
The Four Elements -- Earth, Air, Fire, Water
Indian Squares Magnetic Tile Puzzle
Rainbow Nesting House
Rainbow Wooden Peg Dolls
A Few More Notes About Grimm's
- Founded in 1978
Based in Hochdorf, Germany
- Wood is only sourced from sustainably managed forests in Europe
Alder, lime, beech and maple wood is used
- All colors and oils are certified in accordance with the EN 71 and CPSIA/ASTM 963 standard
- No heavy metals (such as lead and cadmium) or phthalates are used
- Strong environmental policy – using green electricity sources, and minimal packaging
- Used extensively in kindergartens and by speech and occupational therapists
- Meets or exceeds the standards of the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and EN 71 (European Standards)
- Use only use a damp cloth to clean
- Do not submerge in water
- Do not use disinfectant or hot water
Leave a comment